AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP’s in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below;
1. Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Report to: Senior Risk and Compliance Officer
Responsible for: The overall responsibility includes managing the risks associated to the organization, employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
Job Summary: The Risk and Compliance Officer (RCO) supports with the Senior Risk and Compliance Officer to advise Management of any potential risks that may affect the reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence of the organization. .
• Support the SRCO to identify efficient and effective solutions to operational issues which ensure compliance with AIRD policies and donor regulations, mitigate the risk of fraud and corruption and also facilitate the achievement of program objectives.
• Assist the SRCO to Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization; Assist the SRCO to Conduct risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimate the risks affecting the organization
• Assist the SRCO to conduct risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors and evaluating the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept
• Support the SRCO to carry out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans, to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
• Support the SRCO to ensure the CMT, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that Organization policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the Organization’s Standards of Conduct.
• Support the SRCO in providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
• On a sample basis, support the SRCO to regularly perform reviews of procurement program transactions and supporting documents to ensure transactions are in compliance with AIRD SOPs and grant agreements and regulations
• For both the country and field offices, assist the SRCO to perform internal control reviews of in-country processes including cash management, procurement, logistics, and warehouse management including Nils, assets management and coordinate with the relevant departments to correct weaknesses and improve controls as needed
• prepare action plans to address findings and monitor the status of action plan implementation
• Assist the SRCO to conduct regular anti-corruption and fraud prevention training to all staff.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• High level of honesty and Integrity
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation, Creating forms, org charts, mail merges, labels, name tags, charts and graphs, pivot tables, presentations with animation and sound.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work in any part of the country
• Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance from a recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (CPA, CMA, CGA, CIA or CISA)
• 3 years’ experience in Audits (in the Financial Services preferred) Solid understanding of risk and control concepts.
• Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of organization processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management
• Knowledge of Risk and Internal Control framework would be an asset
• Working knowledge of professional IA performance standards with regarding to planning,
• testing, sampling and documentation
• Comprehensive and current knowledge of legislation applicable to IA
• Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
• Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel
Job Education Requirements: Degree in Business, Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: 3 Years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020