Watoto is a family of people from all over the world who are working together to ensure that the forgotten have a place to belong. In a time of civil war, we planted Watoto Church in Kampala, Uganda to speak hope and life to the nation. As we work alongside the most vulnerable in our society, our aim is to rescue individuals and raise each one as a leader in their sphere of life so that, in turn, they will rebuild the nation. In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for
Job Summary: The School Counselors will develop and implement career guidance programs and scholarship support for all learners in the Watoto Child Care Ministry Watoto Schools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To coordinate and provide leadership in guidance and counselling in the designated school and ensure efficient preparation and trainings of related programs to all teams and stakeholders in the Watoto school.
- To develop learning and development programs for all students and ensure efficient delivery of the established programs.
- To carry out market research of available education and training opportunities in both local and international Universities and disseminate the information to the learners.
- To source for possible job placement and apprenticeship as well as internship opportunities for students.
- To make recommendations on academic paths about learners to the teachers and administration.
- To support the tertiary head in tracking and monitoring career choices of old students.
- To plan and budget for career activities in collaboration with the teachers and school administration.
- To provide support and advice on matters concerning students’ admissions, subject choices, and career development.
- To attend and provide support to students on class days in collaboration with the teachers.
- To create and ensure updated student profiles are in place for each student in order to access scholarships and other learning opportunities.
- To provide support in identifying scholarship opportunities for students in accordance to the stipulated guidelines, support with the scholarship application and also assist in identifying suitable candidates for the available scholarship
- To provide technical support and advice to the leaders within education on matters of guidance and counselling.
- To plan, manage and implement programs of the department and provide the accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministry Watoto Schools School Counselor job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, guidance and counselling and other related degrees.
- The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of at least 4 years teaching experience within a large active and vibrant organisation with at least two of those years in the role of a school counsellor.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills, a team player and able to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills and great and record keeping