Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Operating in Uganda since 2006, Mercy Corps has field offices in Kitgum, Gulu, Kotido, Moroto, Arua, Yumbe, Amudat and Kaabong and implements programs that cover a wide variety of program sectors including food security, health/nutrition, water/sanitation, peace building, youth, agriculture, and econ development.
SENIOR MEL OFFICER – 01 VACANCY BASED IN KAMPALA
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now,and for the future.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior MEL Officer will contribute to the quality assurance of program implementation and ensure that the program is meeting its deliverables, as well as developing tools and reports to demonstrate the impact and results of program implementation. S/he will develop and maintain data management systems. The MEL Senior Officer is responsible for supporting Mercy Corps staff to regularly collect, enter, verify, and analyze data and work with the MEL team to make timely adjustments to measure the impact of Mercy Corps’ programs and to ensure M&E data is accurately incorporated into all organizational reports and information products. S/he will ensure the collection and analysis of useful, timely and actionable information for managers and decision-makers, and contribute to the frequent review, reflection and key learning processes to improve performance. .
Essential Job Functions:
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Work with program teams, partners and M&E focal points to integrate M&E into ongoing project planning and implementation systems and ensure adherence to Mercy Corps M&E minimum standards;
• Assist with the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates.
• Assist the program team to develop and promote the use of standard indicators, tools and forms (as appropriate) and M&E practices.
• Coordinate assessments and evaluations;
• Ensure that monitoring plans are developed for the program and ensure that regular monitoring visits are conducted by MEL staff.
• Work with partners and program team to gather success stories and anecdotal evidence of program impact.
Data Analysis and Reporting
• Work as part of a broader team to design, facilitate and support data collection and analysis systems including baseline, annual, and end line surveys, regular monitoring, data collection and analysis, feedback and reporting;
• Generate data reports from the database at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for program implementation staff as required;
• Facilitate data analysis with program implementation team and conduct regular field visits to ensure all elements of the data system are being utilized effectively.
• Coordinate with field team and partners to implement system corrections and adjustments, solving operational issues and documenting actions taken and next steps;
• Work with program teams to ensure data analysis and reports are integrated into programmatic decision making to improve impact of the program;
• Contribute to monthly reports and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements;
• Report program achievements on TOLA, Activity Info, and other relevant reporting mechanisms.
• Fluent in both spoken and written English;
• Fluency in local languages in program target areas is a significant advantage
• Previous experience working with international and/or local NGOs;
• Advanced computer skills and experience developing data management systems including ONA/KoBo/ODK are required;
• Extensive experience in field survey/data collection techniques, data entry, data verification, management and analysis;
• Strong team coordination, listening, and consensus building skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
• BA/S or equivalent, preferable in social sciences, business administration, public administration, international development or other relevant disciplines;
• 3-4 years M&E and/or other relevant experience;
Job Education Requirements: BA/S or equivalent
Job Experience Requirements: 3-4 years
Job application procedure
Submit your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Director, Mercy Corps Uganda. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Friday 11th October 2019. Subject of email/envelope should include the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. PLEASE NOTE that previous applicants do not need to re-apply.