Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions.
The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer (1 Post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/001/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 4
Reports to: Executive Secretary
To coordinate and manage the procurement of goods, works or service and advise the Executive Secretary on procurement processes and procedures..
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage all procurement or disposal activities of the procuring and disposing entity except adjudication and the award of contracts;
• Support the functioning of the Contracts Committee;
• Implement the decisions of the Contracts Committee;
• Liaise directly with PPDA on matters within its jurisdiction;
• Act as the Secretary to the Contracts Committee;
• Plan the procurement and disposal activities of the Board;
• Recommend procurement and disposal procedures;
• Check and prepare statements of requirements;
• Prepare bid documents;
• Prepare advertisements of bid opportunities;
• Issue bidding documents;
• Maintain a providers list;
• Prepare contract documents;
• Issue approved contract documents;
• Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process;
• Prepare monthly reports for the Contracts Committee;
• Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments and units of the Board;
• Prepare any other such reports as may be required from time to time.
• Supervise, mentor and appraise direct supervisees in the unit
• Enforce adherence to procurement regulations (Government or Donor);
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or Business Administration (Procurement option) from a recognised institution;
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Chain Supply Management or Business Administration/Commerce with a Procurement option from a recognised institution;
• Must be a Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS);
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in managing procurement and disposal of assets, two (2) of which shall be at the level of at least officer in a public or large private sector organization;
• 30 – 55 years of age at entry.
• Critical thinking and high analytical skills
• Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• High level of integrity and ethics
• Computer skills
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below.
The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.