SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities.
Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position;
SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME OFFICER – GULU (1)
Job Purpose: The Sponsorship Programme Officer reports directly to the Family Like Care Manager will provide support to the National Sponsorship function. He/she is responsible for implementing field level sponsorship operations in line with set performance targets and SOS Sponsorship policies and standards. He/she leads all sponsorship related activities at his or her location and proactively identifies opportunities to work together with other departments with the aim of promoting sponsorship work. He/she works in close consultation with the sponsorship Manager for technical support and will provide him/her with timely information and reports. .
Principle Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Received, reviews, registers and delivers sponsor’s correspondence to the respective recipients and thereafter prepares an appropriate and timely response to the sponsor.
• Supports the process of Sponsorship progress letter writing through regular compilation of data on all children, youth and the village throughout the year ensuring that progress letters are dispatched to the National Office within the agreed deadlines.
• Supports the child admission committee and ensures that proper admission documentation is in place for each child.
• Prepares a registration profile for each newly admitted child in the village within three months after admission.
• Provides the complete child registration profile along with other relevant documentations (recent photograph, copy of the guardian’s consent form and court committal) to the sponsorship Manager for the child’s registration with the International Donor Services.
• He/She is responsible for maintain an up-to-date record of sponsor mails, registration profiles, status of children and youth, youth due for departure, annual child photos and progress letters and family lists.
• He/she is responsible for the yearly photography sessions of both children and the village, ensuring that copies are sent to the National Office within an agreed timeframe for printing.
• Takes charge of all visits from registered sponsors at the village, ensuring that the visitor’s code of conduct is duly signed.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, Journalism, English language and literature or any relevant social science field from a recognized university.
• Minimum of at least 2 years working experience in a similar role
• Excellent communication skills
• Photography skills
• Possession of good writing skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent time management. organizational and planning abilities
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Friday 20th February 2021:
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted