SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities.
Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions;
SPONSORSHIP VOLUNTEER – NATIONAL OFFICE KAMPALA (1)
Job Purpose: The Sponsorship Volunteer reports directly to the National Sponsorship Programme Officer who will provide support to the National Sponsorship function. He/she is responsible for documentation and filing sponsorship documentation and keeping updated data bases for easy reference. He/she be trained in sponsorship related activities and proactively identifies opportunities to work together with other departments with the aim of promoting sponsorship work. .
Principle Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Scans and files all sponsor’s correspondence to the relevant files and store in the required data bases.
• Supports the process of Sponsorship progress letter writing through regular compilation of data on all children, youth and the village throughout the year ensuring that progress letters are dispatched to the National Office within the agreed deadlines.
• He/She is responsible for maintain an up-to-date record of sponsor mails, registration profiles, status of children and youth, youth due for departure, annual child photos and progress letters and family lists. Any other duties as my directed by the supervisor.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, Journalism, English language and literature or any relevant social science field from a recognized university.
• Should be a fresh graduate from University
• Excellent communication skills
• Photography skills
• Possession of good writing skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent time management. organizational and planning abilities
• Exhibit strong ability to work across different age groups and academic levels without compromising the quality of work.
• Excellent in documentation and impact reporting will be an added advantage.
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Friday 20th February 2021:
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.