Kakira Sugar Limited is a leading sugar manufacturer in Uganda. KSL boasts of two (2) sugar estates, one in Kakira – Jinja and the other in Kayunga. We seek to recruit dynamic, competent and experienced candidates to fill various vacant positions in the company. .
• Training drivers how to operate safely cane haulage tractors, cane loading machines and winch tractors along the designated routes and fields at Kakira.
• Ensuring that all drivers and operators have proper interaction and are able to follow up strictly the instructions of field overseers and supervisor.
• Coordinating, planning and implementing training programs for safe driving and safe operations as specifically required. Monitoring and coaching existing drivers and operator’s performance and behaviors, while recommending training, or retraining as needed in order to ensure compliance with company and safety policies and productivity expectations.
• Working with CT operations to schedule and complete all retrains with drivers as needed. Coordinating, planning and implementing training programs for safe driving and safe operations as specifically required.
• Conducting road surveys and monitoring field conditions for safety and efficiency and providing recommendations to the sectional management team.
• Assisting in the selection and evaluation of drivers and operators.
• Maintaining file records and performance statistics of cane transport drivers and operators. • Assisting Cane Transport Manager or Superintendent as required; performing the work of operational supervisor in his absence and if assigned by the section management.
• Working with CTM and FM to perform post accident/incident investigations and retraining.
• Safety Management Certificate desirable.
• Valid driving license Class B, H and CH.
• Certificate of Driver trainer/Driver instructor or equivalent work experience.
Diploma in Mechanical Automobile; Agricultural
Engineering; Transport/Logistics; Certificate in Motor Vehicle systems or Certificate in Road Transport/Road Haulage with relevant work experience.
Certificate of Driver trainer/Driver instructor
Five years’ professional experience
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should email: firstname.lastname@example.org