• To manage, coordinate and oversee the movement, distribution and storage of materials, goods, supplies and transport services for the company.
• Participate actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets through the definition/revision of the company supply chain strategy.
• Manage supply and logistics contracts for maximum value extraction
• Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to reduce operating costs and improve transport and distribution needs.
• Ensure efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
• Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries for the company.
• Maintain inventory integrity, process controls, procedures, and systems throughout the logistics network.
• Monitor stock levels and re-order new stock as appropriate.
• Plan and organize the transfer of goods and materials from suppliers.
• Prepare Logistics and support plans, deployment timelines to ensure non disruption of travel activities.
• Prepare import and export materials transportation plan, supervision of the implementation of the plan.
• Analyze data from the IVMs system and make recommendations to Management.
• Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement.
• Manage vehicle related costs on fuel, repairs and maintenance and ensure vehicle repairs and maintenance are performed in accordance with set standards.
• Drive the embedment of safety culture in execution of logistics operations.
• Prepare monthly vehicle related costs capturing fuel, maintenance, repairs, driver behavior and all other Fleet management data.
• Provide Leadership, mentor and oversee the development and performance of staff under your supervision.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics/Supply Chain, or other relevant master’s degree.
• A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics/Supply Chain, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Engineering OR other relevant degree.
• Minimum 8 years relevant working experience in a busy organisation.
• Proven experience in all technical areas of supply chain operations including procurement, logistics, transport/distribution.
• Experience in managing and supervising others in logistics and procurement functions.
• Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Operations.
• Good communication skills.
• Good leadership skills.
• Extremely organized and analytical.
• Possess strong negotiating skills.
Job application procedure
UNOC will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website on the careers
portal at https://www.unoc.co.ug/career-opportunities/
All applications should be submitted not later than Friday 7th October 2022 by 17:00
hours (5:00pm EAT).
• Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates
• Applications without Certified academic documents will not be considered.
• Attach a copy of the Curriculum Vitae
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org
• call telephone number +256 312 444 600.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY