Imuka Access is a technology driven social enterprise that facilitates direct access to financing and business support services to entrepreneurs in Uganda.
We believe in the power of entrepreneurship as a driver of economic growth, employment and poverty reduction in frontier economies. Imuka Access links entrepreneurs to investors for much needed investment and pair’s business mentors to early stage businesses to offer mentorship services.
Imuka Access has been recognized as most innovative for one of its projects. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. We are bringing these services to entrepreneurs across Uganda through our web app found at http://imuka.co .
We aim to build the resilience of early stage businesses hence propelling them towards sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fill the following position:
Technical Expert/ Programs Manager
The Programs Manager is responsible for managing the planning, development and implementation of the Acceleration & Training Programs. (s)He plays a key role in facilitating and monitoring the growth of Imuka trainees/clients..
The Program Manager/ Technical expert should be able to;
• Provide high-quality coaching and advisory support to entrepreneurs
• Develop the network of mentors, experts and speakers and work with them to make the trainee companies successful. Seek out linkages to professional and technical knowledge networks in the community to provide expert assistance to enterprise clients.
• Design, plan and deliver annual accelerator/training programs for trainees in line with the Imuka strategy
• Identify and evaluate high potential social entrepreneurs to enable Imuka make informed selections, and during that time help the entrepreneurs validate their ideas.
• Provide support to entrepreneurs across acceleration, investment and scale-up stage as well as fund-raisin• Mentor Network: Develop the mentor network for the Imuka and work with them to make its social entrepreneurs successful.
• Ensure tight management of milestones and progress of trainee entrepreneurs;
• Act as a liaison to maintain close relationships with key stakeholders in partner organizations and manage their interests to ensure continued commitment and engagement.
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners in areas of cooperation, obtain their support and execute program strategy.
• Manage the monitoring and reporting of the progress of partnership programs and indicators, and contribute to processes to measure, learn from and improve impact and operations.
• Contributes to the overall success of the enterprise by performing all other duties as assigned
Typically, his/her qualifications include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management / Business Administration from an accredited university. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is desirable.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a business enterprise/accelerator, a start-up advisory or any kind of entrepreneurial experience would be preferred.
• A project orientation is essential; including counseling and training experience on business modelling, ethics and environmental issues.
• Knowledge of risk finance and due diligence process, to help firms secure research and operating capital.
• Has strategic experience, is result-oriented, and has a collaborative “can do” attitude
• Possess knowledge of general business operations in Uganda’s economic environment
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills in selection of companies to be admitted to Imuka
• Proficiency in Internet and MS Office applications.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested candidates submit your applications, by sending your CV/Linkedin profile and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday 12th January, 2020