Windle International Uganda (WIU) is a registered International NGO whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. WIU has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996.
In partnership with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), WIU seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies that exist in Nakivale Refugee Settlement – Isingiro District.
Job title: VTC Tutoring Assistant (Saloon and Hair Dressing).
Reports to: VTC Principal
Duty Station: Vocational Training Centre.
No. of Posts: 01 (0NE) .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing learn plan and schemes of work.
• Keeping school records.
• Teaching students.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The assistant saloon Hairdressing should possess a DIT Certificate level two Or Certificate in Saloon and hairdressing from a recognized institution/University
• Must be duly registered with the Ministry of Education, Sports, Science and Technology.
• Should be ready to work with minimum supervision and meet the daily task timelines of submitting assignments.
• Should be able to work in a hard to reach and multicultural environment.
• At least 2 years of relevant professional experience preferred.
Job Education Requirements: Certificate in Saloon and hair dressing
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the specifications above should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees and copies of their relevant academic and professional documents addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda
Nakivale Field Office
We actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit, women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and blacklisted; We do not charge any money at any stage of the recruitment process.
WIU will not be held responsible in the event that a candidate pays money to any person who claims to act on behalf of or for WIU.
Closing Date: THURSDAY 10th Oct, 2019 by Close of Business.