Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in Kasese and Kamuli districts and ultimately contribute to every child’s right of growing up in a clean and safe environment. .
• Develop and monitor the implementation of WASH work plan & budget in line with the district & MoH plans and budget.
• Provide technical support to establish/strengthen and maintain functional WASH systems in supported districts in line with MoH and ministry of Water and Environment guidelines.
• Periodically assess district for capacity gaps and progress on key WASH indicators and make recommendations to inform intervention for improved service delivery in line with MoH and ministry of Water and Environment guidelines.
• Support initiation and monitoring of relevant QI projects to respond to identified WASH service gaps in line with MoH and Ministry of Water and Environment guidelines.
• Provide technical assistance to district and health facility teams to establish/strengthen systems for provision of WASH services in line with MoH and ministry of Water and Environment guidelines.
• Develop and strengthen partnerships & networks with districts, CBOs, NGOs and other influential groups for a coordinated and harmonized response for improved WASH outcomes.
• Provide technical support during the development of periodic performance targets for in ‘district/HF’ PMPs and cluster PMPs, monitoring implementation and harmonized reporting with other project activities by the cluster & district/HF then produce periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with program objectives.
• Participate in WASH proposal writing for sustainability or continuity and in maternal health related operational research through development of abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Preferably a Master’s in public health with a background of Bachelors in Humanities or Environmental Science, with health systems management training. 2) A minimum of 3 years’ experience in WASH programs/projects with a reputable NGO, and direct experience working with government and donor representatives.
• 3 Years Relevant Experience
Job application procedure
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the link: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/account/signin . In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org