Position Overview: The Awareness Creation Officers we are excepting to employ will be involved in community outreach, awareness creation and community training sessions in order to maximize our impact on corona viruses awareness, prevention and control, this will help in preventing and or reducing death toll which might result from corona virus pandemic in Africa. This will included group discussion meetings, training workshops, using community members as co- trainers in the health workshops, online mobilization and sensitization, public meeting with the stakeholders, church congregations and women organizations; setting up online patients reporting system; using community members as data collectors; integrated organizational approach; community action cycle, involvement of local health workers and marginalized groups; and involving the community in the evaluation process.
- Only people living in Uganda can apply for this posts
- Age Limit: 20-40 years old only
- Shortlisted Applicants must prove to be ready to attend a two weeks training.
- Applicants must who are fluent in Swahili and English. Knowledge on vernacular language shall be an added advantage.
- Level of Education: Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Public Relation and Marketing, Education, Community Development, Rural and Urban Planning, Mass communication and journalism, Health Administration, Pharmacy, medical attendant, nurses, medicine and other related fields
- Other additional trainings attended: Project management training. Public health management training and previous experience in outbreak responses shall be considered.
- Excellent organizational skills, high level of maturity, responsibility and accountability. Willingness to work in remote rural areas. Stress management, Leadership and staff management skills and well as Cross cultural sensitivity.
- Commitment to working with marginalized people, including in isolated, remote areas as well as good communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Uganda’s government health system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
- Capability to create strong partnerships among all program stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Flexible personality and willingness to work irregular hours.
- Strong presentation and computer skills in MS Word, Publication and Excel
- Strong knowledge on the use of social networks such as facebook, twitter, instragram, tiktok e.t.c
- To manage the overall operations of corona virus Awareness Centers country wide
- To train local community members on skills and knowledge of identifying symptoms and infections of corona viruses
- Develop and implement culturally appropriate methods for hygiene promotion amongst the community members
- To design, organize and manage local advertisements, posters and radio campaign on the Corona pandemic awareness
- To facilitate the supply of medicines and health equipment/gear to local community members, schools and other learning institutions.
- Liaise with District authorities to ensure adherence to aims of the community based health awareness initiatives towards Corona prevention and control.
- Provide support to school children to enable them to use community drama as a tool of awareness creation on Corona viruses.
- To distribute Mask, Sanitizers, and digital thermo monitors to the community, public institutions and bus stations.
- To help in awareness creation and preparedness on corona vaccines
- Training in education for health and community mobilization for Hygiene staff.
- Training for hygiene personnel in environmental control and disinfection procedure.
Shortlisting and Selection Procedure
- After receiving your application, our team will go thought your CV ,to see if you qualify
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and notified via their email address
- The shortlisted candidate will undergo a series of events like sitting for online aptitude test as well as registering and attending a one week capacity building training.
- After the training, the candidate will sign a one year contract for the job
Mode of Application
DON’T Send your Certificates yet, only the shortlisted Candidates will be informed to send their certificates.