UBOS is a semi-autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance, coordination, supervising and monitoring of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of standardised statistical information. The Bureau is also mandated as the principal official statistics producing agency in the country.
UBOS is seeking dynamic, competent, self-motivated, result oriented, and good team players of strong character and high integrity to fill the position of Driver
Job Title : 12 Driver
Job Reference: UBOS/ DR-HRM / 10/ 2021
Reports To : Motor Vehicle Maintenance Officer
Salary Scale : UBOS PS
Employment Terms : Temporary
Key Results Areas
• Drive UBOS vehicles to carry out authorised Bureau activities
• Deliver and collect Bureau materials, documents and correspondences to and from various locations, including upcountry locations/ field offices
• Receive /take Bureau staff or visitors to different destinations including field based activities whenever they travel and ensure they are safely transported to their destinations.
• Maintain vehicle log book indicating authorised users, mileage, fuel consumption and such other details of trips undertaken as may be required
• Ensure that the vehicle is properly cleaned, serviced and maintained in an excellent condition at all times
• Ensure that the UBOS vehicle is properly cleaned serviced and Maintained in an excellent condition at all times
• Work with the Transport Office, to ensure that licenses ,parking stickers, insurance and all other requirements by any authority are fulfilled and are up to date at all times.
• Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to in line with the Road Safety Act.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Requirements Qualifications:
• Should possess a valid driving permit with at least B and DL classes; Class DH will be an added advantage
• Applicant should hold a minimum of ‘O Level Certificate (UCE) or its equivalent.
• Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics or Preventive maintenance attained from a recognised institution will be an added advantage
• Working knowledge of MS Office
Experience and other essential attributes.
• A minimum of five years of Accident-free driving with experience in a credible organisation. Experience in public entities or Government establishment will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of applicable Uganda traffic laws and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal relations and ability to work effectively with other employees
• Ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
• Excellent communication and effective presentation skills
• Knowledgeable in computer application
• Should be self-driven, motivated, team oriented and ready to work for long hours.
• Must demonstrate high level of discipline and integrity 9. Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website: https://www.ubos.org/ Not Later than close of business on the, 12 November, 2021 at 5pm. Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum IOMB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered In documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and anyform of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.