The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The Baseline Education Census (BEC) 2020. It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
DIRECTORATE OF POPULATION AND SOCIAL STATISTICS
Job Title: Field Supervisor (160)
Job Ref: UBOS/BEC/FS/20
Terms of Employment: Temporary for a period of 2 months
Reporting: Statistician- BEC .
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the information collected by the Field Interviewers
• Organize, deploy Field interviewers to their work stations on daily basis.
• Make all the necessary preparation for all survey materials allocated to the team for field work
• Control the field activity for the team, meeting daily with the Field interviewers to discuss issues of the day.
• Initiate contacts with the local authorities to inform them about the purpose of the survey and obtain permission in order to facilitate implementation of field activities.
• Liaise with UBOS supervisor to ensure successful implementation of the field activity.
• Edit all completed questionnaires in the field before leaving the enumeration area
• Conduct regular review sessions with each Field interviewer and make a Field progress report to the Statistician BEC.
• Conduct the staff appraisal process for the field interviewers and present the performance report to Human Resource through his / her supervisor.
• Submit duly completed questionnaires to the Statistician BEC in charge of the project.
Skills and other attributes
• Computer literacy
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Leadership and team dynamics skills
• Presentation skills
• Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Other Requirements
• A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from recognized Institution with credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
• Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least two to three years
• Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: two to three years
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website: www.ubos.org Not Later than close of business on the, 24th January, 2020 at 5pm. Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
UGANDA BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN ALL EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ORGANISATION.
NB: Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including February 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.