Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in 26 countries including Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, the United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to respond to human suffering and graduate communities from extreme poverty.
In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
FH Uganda is actively seeking qualified candidates who are committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings in the WFP Nutritional project in Palabek Lamwo
Job Title: Stores Assistant (4)
Location: Palabek, Lamwo
Reports To: Nutrition Nurse
Contract Length: Two Years- with the possibility of extension
Start Date: January 2020.
To supervise all activities within the store. Be responsible for the passage of all goods through the store, record and maintain relevant stock levels and the in-charge of ensuring safe and efficient storage and packing of all items.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that all goods are stored and packed safely and securely.
• Ensure that stock levels are recorded correctly on bin cards.
• Check deliveries of goods for quality and quantity, and record details on goods received forms.
• Issue goods from stock only on receipt of an authorized stock request form.
• Develop an organized and efficient filing system for all documentation related to stores
• Prepare and physically conduct periodic stock-taking for compliance on stock level agreements, disposal, and records of stock movements
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma or Degree in Humanities with additional training in Stores Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field
• 2 years experience in a similar or higher position.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than December 10th ,2019 at 4:30pm.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 15th January 2020. FHU has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign