Job Title: Outreach Service Provider (Several Positions) – Bushenyi, Central, Hoima, Kapchorwa, Mbarara)
Reporting to: Outreach Team Leader
Reporting to the Outreach Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to provide high quality family planning (FP) counselling and service delivery to clients through mobile outreach services. Outreach is a strategic channel for providing greater access to rural communities with unmet need and unmet demand for family planning services, especially long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) and permanent methods. Clinical mobile outreach is a primary service delivery channel under the Programmes department.
As an Outreach Service Provider, you will be responsible for providing client counselling, and competent provision of all short term FP methods, LARCs. You will be responsible for adhering to all MS-UG clinical, counselling and client care protocols and quality standards. You will compile correct and complete records for all outreach clients, including informed consent forms for permanent methods. You will be responsible for supporting your fellow outreach team members to continuously improve quality and performance to improve client satisfaction. You will be responsible for ensuring that you fully comply with all MS-UG policies and procedures.
An Outreach Service Provider is expected to work with other Outreach colleagues and other MS-UG team members to continuously improve the quality of outreach services, standards of care, and the effective implementation of outreach services according to work plans and budgets. This includes collaboration with MS-UG colleagues from all Departments to ensure effective coordination of activities across channels to deliver more for our clients.
1. Client Care
• Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health and other health matters.
• Take necessary steps to ensure that all outreach clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
• Effectively manage and resolve complaints raised by clients and promptly escalate difficult issues to the Outreach Team Leader.
2. Budgetary Control and Supplies Management
• Ensure that stock is dispensed and counted accurately.
• Ensure that stock cards are updated continuously, stock-outs are prevented, and waste and expiry of unused supplies is minimised.
• Ensure full participation in stock counting and ordering activities for outreach (including laboratory, main store and medical consumables).
• Alert the Outreach Team Leader in time of low stock or discrepancies in stock counts/orders received.
• Take necessary steps to ensure that costs of utilities like water, power, stationery and other utilities used by teams is minimised.
• Ensure outreach assets in your possession are maintained in a sound and secure way.
• Conduct weekly checks of essential equipment and promptly inform the Outreach Team Leader of their current status, and follow up repairs or maintenance required of equipment.
3. Technical Excellence
• Administer drugs prescribed in the correct dose, the correct route and at the correct strength for each client.
• Provide all FP and PAC to clients in line with MSI’s clinical guidelines.
• Provide PAC/PAC FP, antenatal, post-natal care, emergency deliveries (midwives), immunisation, cervical cancer and STI services correctly.
• Counsel patients to take up appropriate FP methods for their needs.
• Ensure that the highest standards of clinical and client care are achieved to MSI global standards.
• Ensure effective infection prevention as per MSI clinical guidelines.
4. Record Keeping and Reporting
• Ensure that accurate client records are collected and filed for all clients.
• Timely accurate reports are submitted to the Team Leader daily.
• Maintain confidentiality of client records.
• Perform any other work related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages
• Experience and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level (previous outreach experience preferred)
• Experience working as part of a highly functioning team
• Excellent record keeping and time management
• Attention for detail
• Proven skills in effective conflict resolution
• Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Diploma in Clinical & Community Medicine or relevant diploma in nursing or midwifery (must be able to provide LARCs)
• Knowledge of FP clinical procedures and minimum standards essential
• Certification in LARC FP service delivery
• Training in FP compliance highly desirable
• Knowledge of more than one Ugandan language
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Team Player
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above positions provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements.
For more details, please refer to the attached job descriptions
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 4th February 2022.
MSUG is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding humanity and expects all position holders to share this commitment.
MSUG has a well guided and transparent recruitment process that requires no payment from any candidate/job applicants/potential job seekers as a pre-employment requirement.
Female canditates that qualify are encouraged to apply.