The National Building Review Board is a government agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established by the Building Control Act, 2013.
The Board is mandated to monitor building developments; ensure that the design and construction of buildings and utilities to which the public is to have access cater for persons with disabilities; oversee, inspect and monitor the operations of Building Committees; hear and determine appeals from persons dissatisfied with the decisions of a Building Committee; and to determine the fees to be charged by urban and district building committees for approval of plans, issue of building permits and occupation permits.
Building Officer – Mechanical
Job Title: Building Officer – Mechanical
Reports To: Manager, Compliance Monitoring
Employment Type: Contract
Salary Scale: NBRB 4
Age 28 to 50 years
Contract Duration: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance .
• Works with Manager Compliance in developing a robust monitoring system for all Mechanical Engineering installation matters.
• Assisting Manager Compliance in developing inspection checklists that would be used by Building Control Officers for on-going construction sites
• Inspect and assess the works of the building Committees to ensure compliance with the Building Control Act, Building Regulations and the Code
• Ensuring that accidents related to Mechanical Engineering installations are well investigated and reports prepared;
• Carry out competence and capacity building of Building Control officers
• Assist the Manager Compliance in generating the periodic compliance reports.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
• At least FIVE (05) years working experience in Government or a reputable organization as an Engineer or its equivalent;
• REGISTRATION with a professional body (ERB) and Possession of a VALID practising license.
• A Postgraduate qualification in Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Building Review Board P.O.Box 7349, KAMPALA UGANDA and submitted directly online by logging on to www.nbrb.go.ug or sent on email; firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th September, 2020.
• Applications should be accompanied by latest detailed CV, Copies of academic Certificates, 2 Passport size photographs, copy of a National ID, copy of a valid practicing License (where necessary) and any other relevant document.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.