Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Department: Grants and Business Development
Title: Graduate Intern
Functional Area: Programs
Reports to: Business Development and Grants Manager
Travel required: No .
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not for profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is committed to reach 100 million girls to Lead, Learn, Decide and Thrive in Uganda. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood.
And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Uganda is looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate for a position of Graduate Intern to support the Business Development and Grants Department.
Under the supervision of the Business Development and Grants Manager, the graduate Intern will support the team in day to day tasks pertaining to proposal development and grants management.
Dimensions of the Role
• Prepare project briefs based on project reports to document key achievements and basic grant information
• Compile list of projects and annexes as instructed to be attached with the proposal
• Undertake desk research
• Follow up on proposal development team to provide inputs
• At the end of every month develop monthly reporting schedule for the following month for sharing with Grants Manager.
• Share monthly reporting compliance report with Grants Manager for further action.
• Review grant files to establish missing reports/ documents and track PM/PC response in relation to the missing documents.
• Assist on developing grants budget sponsored programs to facilitate SAP set up
• Photocopy, scan and file grant documents to their respective grant files
• Support in preparation of FADs for new/pipeline grants and share with Grants Manager for review.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
• Masters/Bachelors degree in Social Science, Development Studies or International Relations
Work Hours: 8 Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link to apply: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=40122&company=PlanInt&st=9EA968F891639DC72360526ADDCAE033171B3AE9