The National Building Review Board is a government agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established by the Building Control Act, 2013.
The Board is mandated to monitor building developments; ensure that the design and construction of buildings and utilities to which the public is to have access cater for persons with disabilities; oversee, inspect and monitor the operations of Building Committees; hear and determine appeals from persons dissatisfied with the decisions of a Building Committee; and to determine the fees to be charged by urban and district building committees for approval of plans, issue of building permits and occupation permits.
Job Title: Investigations Officer – Civil/Structural
Reports To: Senior Investigations Officer –Civil/Structural
Employment Type: Contract
Salary Scale: NBRB 3
Age 28 to 50 years
Contract Duration: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance .
• Working with the Senior Investigations Officer –Civil/Structural to ensure appropriate investigation of all Civil/ Structural matters of all buildings.
• Investigate and respond to complaints from members of the community about non-compliant building activities, ensure that appropriate follow-up action is taken making sure that all recommendations and decisions are based on sound risk assessment and that a proportionate compliance strategy is applied that considers public interest factors.
• Apply technical expertise and interpersonal communication skills to convey information and manage community expectations about responsible building practices.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to obtain information about allegations of unlawful building practices.
• Attend court and other legal proceedings to provide evidence on matters relating to cases that have been investigated as may be required.
• Perform any other related duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized institution.
• REGISTRATION with a professional body (ERB) and Possession of a VALID practising license is a MUST
• At least FIVE (05) years working experience, THREE of which should have been in Government or a reputable organization as an Engineer or its equivalent;
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Building Review Board P.O.Box 7349, KAMPALA UGANDA and submitted directly online by logging on to www.nbrb.go.ug or sent on email; email@example.com not later than 15th September, 2020.
• Applications should be accompanied by latest detailed CV, Copies of academic Certificates, 2 Passport size photographs, copy of a National ID, copy of a valid practicing License (where necessary) and any other relevant document.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.