The National Building Review Board is a government agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established by the Building Control Act, 2013.
The Board is mandated to monitor building developments; ensure that the design and construction of buildings and utilities to which the public is to have access cater for persons with disabilities; oversee, inspect and monitor the operations of Building Committees; hear and determine appeals from persons dissatisfied with the decisions of a Building Committee; and to determine the fees to be charged by urban and district building committees for approval of plans, issue of building permits and occupation permits.
Job Title: Senior Building Officer – Architecture
Reports To: Manager Compliance
Employment Type: Contract
Salary Scale: NBRB 3
Age 28 to 50 years
Contract Duration: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance .
• Working with the Manager Compliance to develop a robust monitoring system for all Architectural matters on buildings.
• Develop and publish inspection checklists that would be used by both the central and local governments Building Control Officers for on-going construction sites.
• Inspect and assess the works of the building Committees to ensure compliance with the Building Control Act, Building Regulations and the Code.
• Ensuring that accidents of architectural nature are well investigated and reports prepared;
• Carry out competence and capacity building of Building Control officers
• Assist the Manager Compliance in generating the periodic compliance reports
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Character and Competencies;
• Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Proven track record of outstanding performance.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
• Track record of training and mentoring others.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in the relevant computer packages like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, among others.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Architecture from a recognized institution.
• REGISTRATION with a professional body (ARB) and Possession of a VALID practising license is a MUST
• At least Seven (07) years working experience in Government or a reputable organization as an Architect or its equivalent;
• A Postgraduate qualification in Architecture or any other related field.
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Building Review Board P.O.Box 7349, KAMPALA UGANDA and submitted directly online by logging on to www.nbrb.go.ug or sent on email; email@example.com not later than 15th September, 2020.
• Applications should be accompanied by latest detailed CV, Copies of academic Certificates, 2 Passport size photographs, copy of a National ID, copy of a valid practicing License (where necessary) and any other relevant document.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.