Job Title : Stenographer Secretary
Scale : U5
Reports To : Personal Secretary or Immediate Supervisor
Responsible for : Pool Stenographer
To provide Secretarial and office managerial services.
- Dictation taken, transcribed and error free work produced;
- Correspondences, mails and other information for the office received and disseminated;
- Meetings organized and decisions circulated to the relevant action offices;
- Clients received and guided to relevant offices;
- Telephone calls attended to on the third ring;
- Appointments made and followed up;
- Office cleanliness and orderliness maintained;
- Office equipment, materials and imprest managed and accounted for; and
- Activities of the lower secretarial staff supervised.
- Taking and transcribing dictation and producing error free work;
- Receiving and disseminating correspondences, mails and other information for the office;
- Organizing meetings and circulating decisions to the relevant action offices;
- Receiving and guiding clients to relevant offices;
- Attending to telephone calls on the third ring;
- Making and following up on appointments;
- Maintaining office cleanliness and orderliness;
- Managing and accounting for office equipment, materials and imprest;
Records and Information Management;
Information and Communications Technology;
Public Relations and Customer Care;
Time Management; and
Ordinary Level Certificate with at least 2 credits including English language and three (3) passes.
UNEB Certificate or diploma in secretarial studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized awarding institution with the following subjects.
- Business Communication Stage II
- Typewriting Stage II(40 wpm)
- Shorthand Stage II (80/90 wpm)
- Office Practice II/Secretarial Duties II
- Computer skills using word processing.
The following will be an added advantage:
- Principles of Accounts Stage II, Economics II or Commerce II
- Computer skills using several packages like spreadsheets and database management.
- Knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopiers and audio equipment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll the under mentioned vacant posts that exist in Kyenjojo District Local Government. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Commission Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to: the
Secretary District Service Commission
P.O Box 1002,
Applications forms are obtainable from any office of the District Service Commission and must be ﬁlled in the applicants’ own handwriting; with three (3) current passport size photographs attached. Serving ofﬁcers must route their applications through their Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Applications should bear the title and reference number of the post applied for. Certiﬁed photocopies of academic certiﬁcates. transcripts, registration certiﬁcates and annual practicing licenses or other supporting documents must accompany the application forms. All applicants should indicate day time phone contacts.
Those invited for interview must come with their original Certiﬁcates, National Identity Card and institutional Cards. Applicants who shall not hear from the District Service Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
For detailed information please refer to the Job Descriptions and Speciﬁcations for Local Governments on Public Service Commission website at www.publicservice.go.ug or www.psc.go.ug and all District Service Commission ofﬁces, Country wide. You can also check on Kyenjojo District Local Government Headquarter, Sub-County and Town Council Notice boards.