Duty Station: Kiryandongo/Masindi, Uganda
Asili Farms is a fully-mechanized farming company that manages dual-season production of high quality maize and soybeans for supply to regional food processors. Asili became operational in January 2014 and is currently farming on over 5,000 ha of land in Western Uganda under a conservation agriculture and precision farming approach to maximize yields efficiently and sustainably.
Job Summary: The Store Clerk will be tasked with the requisition, receipt, storage and distribution of repair parts, supplies, and materials for Asili Farm. The job holder will perform periodic cycle-count inventories and maintain automated inventory records and other documents related to inventory and material control. This position requires effective and cooperative working relationships with other departments and the ability to resolve conflicts and deal effectively throughout the organization to achieve Asili Farms’ goals..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for machinery spare parts, fixed asset, Chemical & Fertilizers, Fuel & lubricant, Packing Materials, Seed, Farm product, Farm tools & other department order
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of Stores and Fixed Asset Inventory.
• Ensures dispatch of Spare part & other department required materials as per the requirement plan
• Ensure proper hand over of spare part and other stock items is made and proper storage in the storage area.
• Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase requisition/purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
• Fills supply requisitions
• Receives and stores documents and confidential files; maintains record of approved document and confidential file destruction.
• Handles and documents storage and transportation of hazardous materials.
• Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
• Control Stock inventory, record and file when Received & Issued to the user department
• Ensure Materials are stored at the appropriate storage area and maintained at the right classification
• Follow up the ordered purchase item and check and follow up the statues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a BSc Agriculture Engineering, BSc Agriculture Mechanization, and Bachelors in Business Administration (with options in procurement and Entrepreneurship), Bachelors in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Bachelors in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management or any other related field
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Excellent bookkeeping skills
• Computer literacy skills
Job Education: Bachelors
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, academic documents and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 29th March, 2020