Roofings Group is the leading manufacturer of quality steel and plastic building products in East Africa. We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated, technically experienced, and competent person, with zeal to perform beyond expectations and excited to Join a (28) years leading steel manufacturer as an EHS Officer.
• Implement safe working practices at the factory and outlets.
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
• Review plans and specifications for construction/maintenance/repair of machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met and implement permit to work.
• Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
• Interview employees to obtain information about work environments and work-place incidents and conduct job safety observations.
• Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health inspection violations.
• Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
• Conduct or coordinate direct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Conduct or coordinate workers’ trainings in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
• Provide technical advice and guidance on how to handle occupational health and environment related problems.
• Review and interpret and communicate safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers, labour representatives, and safety committee.
• Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
• Compile, analyze, interpret and communicate statistical data related to occupational illnesses, accidents and environmental hazards.
• Plan and conduct industrial hygiene research.
• Provide regular reports on safety standards and propose appropriate solutions in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies.
• Conduct periodic safety meetings with shop representatives, management, and employees to discuss the organization’s performance in its occupation health and safety and environment.
• Conduct periodic environmental and occupational hazard risk assessments at factory and Outlets and implement preventive measures.
Required Qualification, Skills & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Science Degree in Environmental Engineering and Environment Science.
• Certification in Health, Safety and Environment is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience preferably in a Manufacturing industrial environment.
• Self-driven, results oriented.
• Able to plan and prioritize.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Reliable, tolerant & determined.
• Able to work extended hours when required.
• Able to manage conflict and build effective teams.
• Able to solve problems and drive for results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are our Ideal candidate, please send your application letter with a detailed CV, copies of academic papers by 28th February 2023 addressed to the.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Note: email subject: EHS OFFICER