Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position contributes to the project goal by driving Plan vehicles in accordance with the transport policy and procedures in order to enhance mobility of staff for efficiency and effectiveness.
Dimensions of the Role
The position has no approval and supervision authority. In charge of the safety of the vehicle being driven and it occupants. .
Admin Logistical support:
• Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving taking into account prevailing weather and driving conditions to avoid accidents.
• Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations, and to Plan policies and procedures.
• Record the place of destination before departure and complete the vehicle usage record to indicate vehicle movement.
• Carry out daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order with valid insurance policies.
• Identify and report all mechanical faults and any accidents immediately to the supervisor so that appropriate action is taken.
• Conduct monthly inspection of the assigned vehicle and inform the supervisor of any observation that needs attention.
• Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of Plan and for the convenience of the users.
• Serve as the contact person for vehicle repairs and servicing and review invoices and services reports before they are submitted for payment.
• Deliver and collect mail and other documents to and from various offices, post office regularly and ensure its safety as and when requested.
• Train and test drivers and riders as may be requested, and submit recommendation to the supervisor.
Dealing with Problems
No difficult problems
High Level Contact: The driver most times comes into contact with children,
• Project Teams
• Administration team
• Service provider’s .e.g. taking the vehicles for service/repairs/fuels
• Partner organizations especially
• Target communities
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
• O’ level Certificate of Education
• Valid driving licence for classes B, CM, DL & DM
• Certificate in Defensive Driving is an added advantage
• Certificate in Customer care is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use the link to apply